Is my cigarette burn healing correctly? (photos)

I got a cigarette burn a few days ago and it never blistered up. I have been using silvadene. Does this look like the normal healing process? I am worried it will leave a permanent scar.

Burn scar treatments in Los Angeles

Burn scar treatment at this stage requires topical application of Plato's Scar Serum and Melarase creams. I would consider fractional laser at a later stage. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Burn Wound -- SEE AN EXPERT Dermatological Surgeon

This burn appears to be appropriately healing. Silicone based scar gels with growth factors are best --- dermaflage, bioshield. You may begin using as soon as the skin is healed. Lasers and micro needling can also be used for improvement. I suggest you see an experienced dermatologist for appropriate wound care, healing, and to limit the amount of scarring. Best, Dr. Emer.

Is my cigarette burn healing correctly?

Hello Jerniga,

Sorry to hear about your cigarette burn.  The fact that nothing blistered up is a good sign that it was not a deep burn.  As far as what product to be put on there are options.  Silvadene is usually used on an open wound so whether or not that is helpful in your case I will leave up to you and your physician.  The pink color is a normal part of healing.  If you are concerned about it then there are actions that can be done to help the scar healing process if need be.  This is best done under the care of a healthcare professional such as a facial plastic surgeon, dermatologist, or plastic surgeon.

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon