Is There Any Way to Change Head Shape?

I have a head shaped like egg. also my forehead and chin are receding, that makes me very ugly from profile view. is there anyway to change head shape?

Doctor Answers 2

Two heads are better than one?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You may have a craniofacial anomaly that was not diagnosed or treated in childhood. Once the skull bones have fully formed and ossified (become bone) they are very difficult, if not impossible, to alter.

The facial structure, on the other hand, can be manpulated somewhat and may hold the key to your goals. The head shape can be hidden with hairstyles, while you might benefit from facial implants, injectable materials and possibly even bone restructuring to improve your facial shape.

I would recommend a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. Even if he/she does not perform craniofacial surgery they will know someone who does. Good luck!

Head shape surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

There are very complex operations to treat head shape that carry significant risk and these should not be undertaken without consideration. Typically there are performed on younger patients.

Otto Joseph Placik, MD
Chicago Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 86 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.