Cystic acne scarring. Any suggestions?

I have very deep acne scars from very sever cystic acne. The scars are white and shiny in my cheeks but i don't have it anywhere else. What options do I have in terms of treatment? How many sessions would I need?

Acne scar treatment

I don't have pics or know your skin type. I think a combination of Infini and Bellafill is the best for most scars. Please see the link.

Cystic acne leaving scars? ENGLEWOOD Cliffs NJ

In my opinion, severe cystic acne usually leaves depressed saucer-shaped scars. They can be of varying depth. Treatment of acne scars is based upon the type of scar. For deep, depressed, saucer shaped scars, we recommend RF microneedling (infini ), subcision and fillers. More superficial saucer shaped scars can be treated with ablative and non-ablative lasers. I am of the opinion that lasers do not lift acne scars. They are good at smoothing the edges and enhancing the appearance of superficial scars. Find someone who is an acne scar expert. Ask to see photos. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

Cystic Acne and Deep Scars and Treatment

You will most likely need a combination of treatments including lasers such as Fraxel and fillers such as Restylane to help improve the appearance.  It can take multiple treatments over several months to best rejuvenate the skin and build new collagen.  Best, Dr. Green