Any hope for scarred pores/small ice pick scars? (photos)

It seems like there's nothing to emprove this. I don't have rolling scars or boxcar, but with age it seems like a some of my pores are showing where I have had pimples in the past. Like enlarged. There are also a few deep pits. Also some shallow scarred pores. The pores also look saggy. Is there anything I can do? I heard maybe microneedling helps? They also became prevalent after fat loss in my face, would fat transfer also help their appearance?

Acne Scarring -- Lasers (Fraxel, Co2/Erbium, VIVA, Intensif); Microneedling/PRP, Fillers (Bellafill); Subcision; Punch Excision

Ice pick scars are best treated by TCA cross or surgical removal. I suggest you see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

TCA CROSS, more on how to assess scar in the YOUTUBE video below. TCA CROSS is ideal for small and deep acne scars. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Ice pick scars and large pores seemingly from Acne

Enlarged pores can pretty much act in the same way as ice pick scars and ice pick scars respond much differently than other acne scars. In my experience acne scars or more in the Superficial layers of the skin. Although acne involves all layers of your skin and it can reach into the deeper layers even above your muscles, there's certain treatments that work with certain types of scars. With ice pick scars you have to create trauma to try to get it to raise up to the rest of levels skin. So there is an answer to try to help ice pick scars and enlarged pores and it's by creating that trauma and we have done this before and have a lot of experience doing that.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Large pores and icepick scarring

There are many treatment options available including: chemical peels, Infini, laser peels, laser resurfacing (Fraxel). A formal evaluation is needed to get the best option for you. Starting on Retin A is also a good topical. It is hard to see if there is need for filler but that can be addressed at the consultation too.

Steven F. Weiner, MD