its around one months that a frown lines appears in my face , and i want to remove it. i have a bell palsy history and I can not use Botox. So please guide me how I can remove them with out botox injection during one months because my wedding is in 5th November.
I Have Bell Palsy and Can't Use Botox, What Options Do I Have for Wrinkles?
Doctor Answers 4
Anti-Aging with Facial Paralysis
Frown line options
1) Botox or Dysport can be used to soften the deepening of the frown lines when making a frown expression. The treatment may even soften the lines that are present at rest. The effects typically last 3-4 months depending on the dose. I generally use between 15-40 units of Botox (30-120 units of Dysport) in the frown area depending on the strength of the muscle and the degree of frown reduction we are trying to achieve.
2) Restylane or Juvederm can be used to soften the frown lines that are present even when you don't make an expression. This can last for a year or more when used in conjuction with Botox.
For someone who has concerns with both the static lines (without expression) and the dynamic lines (with expression), then using both products would work well together.
I often find that patients who return after a Botox or Dysport treatment in the frown areas complaining it didn't work, is due to the confusion between the static and dynamic frown lines. They continue to see the static lines even though the dynamic lines have softened considerably.
I have used Botox in patients with Bell's Palsy without inducing or making it worse. In addition, I have used it to help create more symmetry between the two sides if you still have some residual effects. If you want to avoid Botox for the frown lines, then you can consider using Restylane/Juvederm to address your concern. Just realize you will still be able to frown.
You might also like...
Frown Lines treatment ,Bell's palsy, Botox
Thank you for your question.
- Frown lines caused by action of the frown muscles and deteriorating elasticity of skin. Botulinum toxin injections can weaken action of the culprit muscles and smooth out wrinkles.
- Bell's palsy affecting facial nerve on one side of the face normally causes temporary paralysis of the muscles supplied by that nerve. Botulinum toxin sometimes used on the opposite side to achieve visible symmetricityin such patients.
- If your doctor told you that Botox is not a good idea in your case, you can use dermal fillers to smooth out the frown lines. Less viscous dermal filler is advisable for this purpose. You also can combine a chemical peel or Laser treatment with a Dermal filler in order to get overall improvement of skin quality before your big day.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.