Is It Possible to Change Forehead Shape from Pointed to Flat?

If your forehead is pointed, is there any way to reduce it so it is flat?

Doctor Answers 2

Rehaping your skull

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

As stated by Dr. Aldea, this is traditional considered in the realm of craniofacial surgeons with procedures freqeuntly accomplished in early childhood. There are few if any techniques for minimally invasive options.

Changing shape of forehead

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Without a photograph the answer would have to be a definite - Maybe.

Craniofacial surgical techniques allow for cutting and moving bones around. Simpler yet, may be the placement of either Methylmethacrylate or other implants to shape the point to a flatter surface. This surgery is far from cheap, has significant complications and should ideally be done by surgeons with a lot of experience in it.

Dr. P. Aldea

Peter A. Aldea, MD
Memphis Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.