I'm concerned about my under eye fine lines and folds by my cheekbones and mouth (Photo)

I want to treat the fine lines under my eyes, the folds on my cheekbones and my nasiolabial folds. I think they're quite noticeable. Two dermatologists have discouraged me from using fillers or chemical peels b/c of my age...I was prescribed tretinoin instead. After months of use, I'm still not satisfied with my skin. My acne has improved but the wrinkles remain the same. I want to know what my options are. Realistically, can I treat this topically or do I need more intense treatment?

Fine Lines Under Eyes/Cheekbones/Nasolabial folds/Age Restriction?--Eyelid Wrinkles Treatment -- Restylane or Belotero with

Fillers, lasers, and microneedling/PRP can improve under eye hollows. I suggest using Restylane or Belotero with cannulas for the tear trough area. My patients try to get non surgical treatments to avoid surgery. We use PRP and stem cells there often as well. Best, Dr. Emer.

Improving facial volume/ lines and folds

Thanks for your question. Looking at your pictures, it appears that you would be an excellent candidate for tear trough correction and lateral cheek lift with dermal filler. Due to your younger age it is likely that a total of 2 syringes would be sufficient. That would be all that I would start with for sure, then re-evaluate in a few weeks if desired. I would not expect your nasolabial folds (smile lines) and the malar crease region of the cheek (as seen in your photo) to improve with topicals. Dermal filler is generally repeated in 8 to 12 months once you have the correction you are looking for. Particularly with the tear trough correction, which is an advanced technique, be sure to select a provider with years of experience and one who uses microcannulas to deliver the dermal filler. 

Lisa Vuich, MD

Lisa Vuich, MD
Nashua Physician