I've always had slight acne and now have lumps from scaring is there a way to get rid of this please? (photos)

I need help with my skin. This has happened mostly around the chin area and some of these lumps flare up & down they can also be very painful, I've had lazer treatment and chemical peels also bought the best products to help & feel that all these have made the situation worse. I also have a big scar on my forehead where my doctors cut the lump out

Doctor Answers 4

Acne scarring

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I agree with the previous response.  Additionally, if you're a picker, you must stop picking.  Picking leaves marks, and in people prone to thick scars, leaves bad scars.  Scars take months and month to heal.  Please find a dermatologist with interest in treating female acne and scarring.  Thankfully we have many great options from fractionated lasers to microneedling with radiofrequency.  The most important thing is to find a dermatologist you trust and take it from there.  There are no over the counter products that you can buy that will help this scarring, at all.  You need some heavy duty office procedures.

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
This is goign to need a series of treatments with steroids/5fu for the keloids you have on your chin in combination with lasers, and fillers/subcision/lasers for the scars on your forehead.  Overall in general you will need microneedling, lasers, and fillers for your overall improvement.  Please see an expert who can tailor the treatment plans.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 203 reviews

Acne Scars and Treatment

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

First we have to find out the nature of your scars, whether it is genetic or hormonal.  Once we get your acne under control, we will use eMatrix to treat these scars.  Best, Dr. Green

Medical treatment

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
First this needs to be evaluated and person and treated medically first with options of anti androgens such as Tagamet or aldactone plus optional low dose of prednisone 5 mg per day. This should suppress acne activity. Intralesional or injections of tiny amounts of kenalog can shrink these lesions. Once stable the scars can be approached with an erbium or carbon dioxide laser to flatten these scars. 

Morris Westfried, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 5 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.