I know I have acne scars but my scars are red. Any suggestions? (photos)

I know I have deep acne scars box car scars. But the scars I have are red or pink. It's like the color is in my scars. How do I get rid of the color? What is this condition called? What creams do I need?

Laser for red acne scars

I typically treat red acne scars with the pulsed dye laser.  This is non-invasive and usually helps quite a bit with red acne scars.  Examples of pulsed dye laser include the Cynergy and the V-Beam lasers.  I usually do more than one treatment session for best results, spaced about three weeks apart.

Best regards,

Dr. Ort

Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Last contacted 12 hours ago

V Beam Perfecta for red acne scars is the best treatment

Red acne scars do well with the Candela's VBeam perfecta Laser-- which is the "go to laser" for anything red. Do a search for the laser itself and find a physician in your area that has that particular laser.

Ritu Malhotra, MD
Cleveland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Last contacted 16 hours ago

Acne scars, some are red, some PIH

You have some red scars and some pigmented scars. Red scars respond to the Excel V or VBeam laser. The other scars require peels, hydroquinone, and Infini. Sometimes PRP, laser resurfacing, micropen is helpful too.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Last contacted 10 hours ago

More Than Cream, Combination Therapy Is Needed: Lasers (Fraxel, Co2/Erbium, VIVA, Intensif); Microneedling/PRP, Fillers

An in-person evaluation is needed. Acne scarring requires a combination of treatments including: fractional laser resurfacing, fillers (Bellafill), subcision, and eclipse micropen. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Last contacted 5 hours ago

Red Scars

The best treatment for red scars is the V-Beam laser.  It will help get rid of the red acne scars. Please consult an expert. Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD

Last contacted 7 hours ago

Treating Acne Scarring

HI, we have found success with combining BellaFill Injections along with a dermapen/laser or Vivace procedure for treating acne scars. This is the best combination to fill in and smooth out the scarring. Good luck! 

Stephen J. Ronan, MD, FACS

Last contacted 8 hours ago