Bio-Alcamid filler removal. Please, it's urgent. Which is the right technique?

Hi I had a bio alcamid filler for the last 8 years in my face and now I'm facing a severe inflammation and I have to remove it. Two doctors r ok to do the proseger but in a different tecnique one with surgery from inside the mouth and the other one is by inserting some liquid into my face and then use a small suction to get the filler out. Which one is the right to be done. Thanks

Removing permanent fillers from the face

Removal is sometimes possible, sometimes not. We have vast experience in removing Bioalcamid or treating the granulomatous reaction. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Best To Avoid Permanent Fillers Owing To Their Potential For Long-Term Problems That Are Not Easy To Treat

I am really sorry you are having this difficulty. It is well known that granulomas, nodules and persistent inflammation  have been reported following treatment with these agents, even five, ten and twenty years later--a reason that I personally do not use these agents. Unfortunately, removing permanent fillers, which include Bioalcamid (as in this case), artecoll, and silicone is not easy, even via surgery.

I cannot say, which procedure will be more successful. I would strongly suggest discussing with your physicians the use of more conservative, less invasive treatments, using high potency topical steroids and antiinflammatory agents, oral and injectable steroids and oral antibiotics before embarking on invasive approaches to removal, which may possess a greater risk of leaving scars. I also suggest seeking several opinions before proceeding with treatment.

I wish you the best of luck.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD