My face has acne and red spots for the last two years. What can I do? Please some suggestions. I'm 24 years. (photo)

Tribeam, Elos or PDT to treat redness and acne

From your photo, it’s hard to see what is causing the red area on your left cheek.  I suggest visiting a local dermatologist to determine what the problem is. To begin with, acne can improve by using skin care products.  If that doesn’t improve your acne, I would recommend trying acne lasers.  If you have redness along with acne, I would recommend Tribeam laser treatment using charcoal, Elos acne treatment or PhotoDynamic Therapy (PDT). However, be careful with this treatment since you are a woman of color and there is a possibility of hyperpigmentation as a side effect from PDT. Sometimes, acne scars can cause redness on your skin and there are many ways to improve scars such as peels, resurfacing, and/or microneedling.  It all depends on your budget as usually a series of treatments is required to treat and improve acne scars.

San Diego Dermatologist

EMatrix, V-Beam, and Fillers are best for you

eMatrix, V-Beam, and Fillers have been used in my practice for years with consistently excellent results.  It will take several sessions but you will see continued and gradual improvement.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

EndyMed Intensif for acne scarring

Thanks for your question and photo. You may want to consider Endymed Intensif. It is the latest FDA-approved technology and the first of its kind to use tiny needles to inject radio frequency energy into the skin. EndyMed Intensif treats many skin problems and scar damage such as deep acne scars, dilated pores, stretch marks and more. You will see considerable improvement after just one treatment session. There is little to no downtime required and results are long-lasting. Best, Dr. Katz

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Red Spot Resolution--Acne/Acne scar treatment with lasers, microneedling/prp, fillers

I suggest you get a formal evaluation with a cosmetic dermatologist who can give you a plan for both acne and scarring. There are many combination of treatments that can be used such as fractional lasers, microneedling/PRP, fillers, and vbeam/pulsed dye laser to improve texture, tone and appearance.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Laser is the best solution for your problem.

The best treatment for this redness and acne is a laser treatment that treats redness.  This will improve your acne, as well as the redness left after your acne lesions resolve.  Either an Excel V or a Vbeam laser will work very well.

Rachel Reina, MD
Covington Dermatologic Surgeon