I've had a dark red mark leftover from a cystic acne pimple for a year now. when will it fade? (photo)

It was a scab and I picked it:( my face has been clear since the acne mark.The mark is about a cm wide, flat, round, and slightly dipped in.Ever since the skin was no longer an open wound, the color has faded some but has looked pinkish red for months.My derm has only prescribed topicals;aczone for about 9 months and recently a steroid.i don't know what step is.The research I have done suggests lasers to be the best solution Should I try more topicals, a laser?Or a chemical peel?The mark is brighter when i work out or touch it

Red mark from acne scar and treatment with V-Beam Laser

Many of my patients have redness after the acne goes away.  This redness is caused by the inflammatory reaction to the acne itself.  I have found the V-Beam Laser to be very extremely effective at getting rid of the redness from acne and facial rosacea.  For the best results please find a board certified dermatologist who has a lot of experience with lasers.

Treatment for red mark on face

I would recommend trying a laser treatment to help improve the red mark on your face.  The type of laser I would use would be a pulsed dye laser that targets red pigmentation.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon