How can I get rid of or minimize my linear cellulite? (photos)

I was extremely disappointed to find out out I wasn't a good candidate for Cellfina because of my linear cellulite. I'm now researching thigh lifts but I think that may be a little extensive, although I think it'll give me exactly the results I'm looking for. I've tried vela smooth, mesotherapy, etc. and nothing has worked. I'm extremely self-conscious about my legs and seeking a long term solution for the cellulite and lax skin.

Cellfina/Cellulite Treatment/Ultherapy/Thermi RF/Body Contouring/ Hi Definition Procedures

Thank you for your question.Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women. It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy. You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied. Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment. It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks. It is different than Cellulaze which is a laser.  If you have had previous poor results with cellulaze, you can still do Cellfina. Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years.  Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure.  It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding. It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or Ulthera if skin tightening is needed. We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding. It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office. Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals.  Take care, Dr. Schwartz  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Cellulite removal

Your cellulite problem is a common one. Fortunately, finally there are effective ways to minimize this problem. Perhaps the least invasive one is  Cellfina™. Cellfina is the only FDA-cleared minimally invasive, one-time procedure clinically proven to improve the appearance of cellulite for at least two years—the longest FDA-cleared duration for a cellulite treatment. A straightforward solution to cellulite, Cellfina™, combines a proven approach with innovative, proprietary technology, to produce precise, long-lasting results and has a high satisfaction rating on RealSelf. Together with Velashape 3, a non invasive procedure to help "shrink wrap the skin" and further minimize cellulite as a combination treatment is perhaps your best chance for taking care of this tough problem. Cellulaze is also a possible treatment but much more invasive

Linear Cellulite

Thank you for the questions and photos. It is very difficult to correct linear cellulite. Cellulose is probably the best option and I would not even consider Celifina because it does not offer any skin tightening. Mesotherapy can make this even worse, so I would avoid this also. The fact that Velasmooth did not help is not surprising. Most non-surgical options for treating cellulite offer minimal improvement, however, I have seen some fairly dramatic results from Exilis. I would suggest the you see a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in body contouring for the best result.Good luck to you. 

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Linear Celluite

We do a combination of vaser smooth/vaser lipo, fat transfer as a surgical route.  And sculptra/velashape/venus legacy and z wave for non invasive options.  I suggest a formal consultation with a body shaping expert who does all the treatments for cellulite.  Best, Dr. Emer.

How can I get rid of or minimize my linear cellulite?

I think that because you have relatively subtle changes, the ability to produce dramatic improvement is going to be less.

Beverly Hills, CA

Loose skin and cellulite

In my opinion, Cellulaze maybe a treatment for you. It is difficult to tell from the photos. It would be  helpful to do a  consultation. We have been able to get a reasonable amount of skin tightening with cellulaze. It seems that you do have some loose skin and this is adding to the appearance of the cellulite. Cellfina  provides no skin tightening. I also feel that Cellfina works best on buttocks and is not as effective on the thighs. We have had good results with Cellulaze  on thighs. Seek a physician who has experience with Cellulaze. Ask to see before and after photos especially skin tightening. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

You could potentially be treated using ultrasound assisted liposuction.  More superficial treatment of these areas could give the slight improvement you are looking for at this point.

Skin Laxity

Linear cellulite is actually skin laxity and not cellulite at all.  I love Pellefirm for this indication.

My best,
Dr. Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

How can I get rid of or minimize my linear cellulite? Cellfina is the ONLY Effective Cellulite Treatment That Works!

There is only one truly effective and proven lasting cellulite treatment out there, and that is CELLFINA. All of the other lotions, potions, creams, treatments, radio frequency devices, including Cellulaze, are at best, mediocre, and, in many cases, completely worthless. Cellulaze is a laser-based procedure that has a much higher complication rate, as well as a much lower patient satisfaction rate, so that answer is pretty clear. CELLFINA is the only cellulite treatment that has a proven track record of 96% patient satisfaction at 2 years post treatment. Nothing else is even remotely as effective as Cellfina. I have attached a link to my website, explaining how this remarkable system works. There are patient testimonials and schematics reviewing the details of this remarkable breakthrough treatment. Also, Cellfina is a single session procedure that is done under local anesthesia with little to no pain! Thank you for your excellent question.

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon