Possible Mole Excision method used for Acne Scars?

I have an acne scar that is medium to deep depth peri-orally. It is about 1-2mm, but the surrounding skin is also sunken. I have been watching mole excisions with good turnouts, wouldn't the outcomes for removing an acne scar that is less surface area have similar results? But for some reasons Doctors do not suggest it, why? Secondly, why is punch excision used over the ellipse method or Z plasty or vice versa? Which would result in better appearance of the scar? Dermabrasion or laser after?

Acne Scarring -- Lasers (Fraxel, Co2/Erbium, VIVA, Intensif); Microneedling/PRP, Fillers (Bellafill); Subcision; Punch Excision

we frequently punch excise scars and plan to laser them after. I suggest you see an expert with experience.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Mole excision for depressed acne scars, z plasty, ellipse method

All those methods can work for depressed scars. If you have just one depressed scar that would be a great option to do excision or even z-plasty or a geometric line closure. However if you have acne scars all over the place it doesn't make sense to excise every scar that you see because then you're basically excising the whole face. In that setting we have a multi-layered approach to treat the full face and it's done in one treatment in about 2 hours. But if all you have is one singular scar that's depressed you can do excision or the other alternative is to actually use the multi-layered approach just for that area .

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon