CIT may cause scar tissue?

I just read a review on an acne website about CIT, I am making a decision to do that for my acne scars, and just read that cause collagen scar tissue formation, I am very scares because I have lots Of scars and I don't want to look even worse. The person who says that, said that the procedure was done for a well Recognized cosmetic surgeon in NYC. If anyone can tell me if there is a risk to get more scars.

Acne Scarring -- Lasers (Fraxel, Co2/Erbium, VIVA, Intensif); Microneedling/PRP, Fillers (Bellafill); Subcision; Punch Excision

Microneedling when done correctly shouldn;t cause any scarring.  RF microneedling gives even better outcomes. I suggest you see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Collagen Induction Therapy and whether it works

I would have to see how they are doing this. I don't think collagen is all the answer nor a major part. Scars are collagen and you are creating more collagen for the scars. This could help if you have a depressed scar and want collagen to fill it. There are better options. We have a 5-7 step process that is not just about marketing. Its about real results.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

CIT causing scar tissue?

Let's first explain that scar tissue is collagen. So CIT does promote collagen. The concept when treating scarring is that the microneedling breaks up the existing scarring and creates new collagen that is more organized, smoother, and less visible. I have not heard of this process leading to worsening of scarring unless it is a person who typically forms keloids or hypertrophic scars. It wouldn't be indicated for these types of skin problems.

Steven F. Weiner, MD