Which cellulite procedure is right for me?

I am 31, active, work out, and eat clean (I cheat every now and then). In the past, I've gained and lost a lot of weight, but I have given up that yoyo lifestyle. No matter what I do, I can't get rid of the cellulite. I've spent thousands of dollars on Endermologie, Velashape, body wraps, creams, even bought a Wellbox, and nothing has worked. There is so much on the internet, Rejuveskin, Cellulaze, etc., I don't know where to start. What do you think is the best procedure for me? Please help!

VASERSmooth for cellulite treatment

You have grade 3 cellulite of both the thighs and buttocks.  I have been achieving amazing results with the VASERSmooth for a long term improvement in the appearance of cellulite.  Now, nothing can give you 100% smooth legs but with my protocol I can obtain between 60-80% improvement in the appearance of cellulite which holds at 1 year.  The ultrasound energy of the VASERSmooth is used to cut the individual cellulite bands, which is one of the causes of cellulite.  Also, the ultrasound energy is used to break up the irregular fat cells as well as perform a superficial release of the skin, promoting a tighter, smoother appearance.  It is a quick, surgical procedure which takes between 1.5 to 2 hours to perform with anesthesia.  You will continue to see improvement over the next 4-6 months after the operation.  I also have been using a radiofrequency device at one month post surgical treatment to get even better results.

Your cellulite could be helped with Cellulaze

First of all, thanks for posting good quality photos!  I have been very happy with Cellulaze for treating the kind of cellulite dimpling you have.  Don't expect perfection, but the Cellulaze can make a significant difference. Yes, it is expensive (it's a time consuming procedure done with a very expensive machine in an operating room by a doctor - that's why it's expensive!) but usually a one-time procedure, with lasting results.

Laser Cellulite Treatment

Thank you for your question and photos.  You are a candidate for either CelluSmooth or Cellulaze treatment.  Laser cellulite treatment shows significantly more improvement than the treatments you recommended.  It works be disrupting the fibrous septae that cause the dimples, melts the bulges of fat and tightens the skin.  We utilize the CelluSmooth device by Sciton because it is significantly faster and seems to cause less bruising.  Consult with a surgeon experienced with this technique. Best wishes.

Best Cellulite Reduction Procedure

Thank you for the pictures. Your concern about cellulite is a common one among my patients.  As mentioned, Cellulaze is the only long-term solution for cellulite reduction because it treats the underlying problem of the condition; it melts the fat, breaks up the fibrous bands that hold the fat in place causing the dimpling effect, and also helps to thicken the skin.  It is important to select a plastic surgeon with extensive experience with this procedure and body contouring in general, as results can vary quite dramatically based on the experience of the surgeon.  You may also consider some additional liposuction to the area to provide better contouring.  Spending money on treatment procedures that only treat the problem superficially and temporarily can be frustrating.  Good luck to you. 

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze cellulite treatment

Cellulaze is definitely the most effective treatment for cellulite in the United States. It is a one time treatment that uses a small laser fiber inserted under the skin through tiny incisions to tighten the skin and divide the fibrous bands that cause dimpling. Unlike other available cellulite treatments, Cellulaze does not require multiple treatments or maintenance treatments

The results you can get with Cellulaze depend of your overall health and degree of cellulite as well as the experience and understanding of the technology of the physician performing the procedure. There is definitely a learning curve to Cellulaze so be sure to find an expert in your area who is board certified and has a long experience with Cellulaze. Because Cellulaze is a similar technology to SmartLipo, a plastic surgeon with experience in SmartLipo may have a better understanding of the laser technology. Look at before and after photos to be sure you have a good understanding of what Cellulaze is capable of doing for you. Good luck!

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Consider Cellulaze

Cellulaze is the FDA approved one time definitive treatment for cellulite. Cellulaze utilizes a 1440 nm wavelength laser to accomplish 3 things: 1) melt away fat bulging out 2) break up fibrous septae (attachments) that create the indentations and 3) help thicken the dermis (skin) to prevent future recurrence. The procedure can take between 60-90 minutes and can be completed under local or just IV sedation (depending on the length of your procedure and number of areas being treated). To see your final results takes between 3-6 months. You can visit the cellulaze . com website to learn more about the procedure. Best of luck!

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Cellulaze!

Thank you for posting a picture. It looks as if you will be a great candidate for Cellulaze. Cellulaze is a minimally invasive procedure that will smooth out the skin taking that dimpled look away. If you have lumpy areas then you are a candidate for Cellulaze. Consult with your surgeon to find out if this is the procedure for you.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Best Options?

For treating #cellulite, my office typically recommends one of three treatment plans: #Cellfina, #VelaShape III, #ThremiSmooth.

#Cellfina is the newest technology and probably most effective. It is a minimally invasive one-time procedure under local anesthetic that removes the fibrous bands under the skin that cause fat to bulge through creating the appearance of cellulite. The results are fairly #permanent.

#VelaShape and #ThermiSmooth are #non-invasive #bodyshaping products that can help reduce the appearance of your cellulite over the course of multiple sessions.

Book an in-person consultation with a #BoardCertified #PlasticSurgeon to determine which treatment plan is right for you.

Best of luck.

There is only one truly effective and proven lasting cellulite treatment out there, and that is CELLFINA. All of the other lotions, potions, creams, treatments, radio frequency devices, including Cellulaze, are at best, mediocre, and, in many cases, completely worthless. Cellulaze is a laser-based procedure that has a much higher complication rate, as well as a much lower patient satisfaction rate, so that answer is pretty clear. CELLFINA is the only cellulite treatment that has a proven track record of 96% patient satisfaction at 2 years post treatment. Nothing else is even remotely as effective as Cellfina. I have attached a link to my website, explaining how this remarkable system works. There are patient testimonials and schematics reviewing the details of this remarkable breakthrough treatment. Also, Cellfina is a single session procedure that is done under local anesthesia with little to no pain! Thank you for your excellent question.

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Which Cellulite procedure is right.

Severe degrees of cellulite will require more than one procedure
Precise liposuction and fat grafting may help the more affected areas.
Cellulaze is a good long lasting option for milder degrees of cellulite.
Please consult in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making treatment decisions.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS