I was wondering if I can go three days without eating any food. I am almost at 200 pounds and I want to loose about 60 pounds

Can this hurt my body in any way?

Going with out food for three days.

HI Sidsid,
that is a really bad way to try to lose weight. reason is you can't sustain it . You will lose some weight and gain it back the moment you start eating again. reason is you are losing lot of water weight, some fat and muscle  during those three days. when you start eating again, you will gain fat and water weight but not muscle. so in reality it is very detrimental to do it repeatedly as it leads to weight cycling and resistance state where all your attempts will lead to minimal weight loss.

Indianapolis Internist

Nutritional Tips

Thanks for the inquiry!

Your body has a basal metabolic rate which means it requires a certain amount of calories to perform basic functions at rest. Depriving the body from the nutrients it needs to perform basic physiological tasks is no way to approach weight loss, this will only lead to more health problems. A healthier approach would be looking into making lifestyle changes such as a balanced diet and exercise program appropriate for your age.
Medical weight loss programs, such as the ones offered at my practice, could be beneficial for you so long as you follow the plan to ensure optimal results.

Best of luck

Starvation is not a weight loss strategy.

Hungry, tired and depleted and the only things you will achieve with starvation. Your metabolism will slow down to compensate and you will start to burn muscle tissue. A better solution would be a long term strategy with a balanced diet.