Severe acne scars on Asian female 23

I had had severe acne as a teen to my early adulthood and now I'm left with severe scaring. Mainly box scars all over my left and right cheek as well as some on my forehead and nose. I was wondering what methods would be efficient as well as how many sessions will it take?

Hidef Acne Scar Protocol in Los Angeles

Our Hidef Acne Scar Protocol includes laser resurfacing, fractional RF and lasers, subcision, micro needling, fillers, and acne surgery. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
Realself100 Surgeon

Severe acne scars and Asian Skin NYC

I treat many patients with Asian skin and these type of scars.  You may need subcision and lasers such as the eMatrix to heal these scars.  It will take several treatments over the course of at least 6 months to heal these scars.  Please consult an expert in scars.  Best, Dr. Green

Severe acne scarring in Asian skin

It hard to exactly say without pictures, but my go to device is the Infini. I'd do it at least 3 or 4 times. Keep in mind, volume is often needed too for best results. If scars remain, Bellafill can be used. See link please.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Different methods for different scar types.

If you have ethnic skin type, I would either use the Erbium laser or INFINI micro needling RF, deeper scars can be treated with TCA CROSS. 

Video in the reference tells the story for scar revision in ethnic skin types.

All the best

Dr Davin Lim 

Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Severe scarring in Asian? ENGLEWOOD Cliffs, NJ

In my opinion, if your diagnosis of acne scars type is correct, boxcars can be treated with multiple modalities. If the boxcars are deep,subcision with RF micro needling (I nfini)is my first choice. If they are more superficial, ablative and non-ablative Laser,TCA cross and traditional micro needling is helpful. We have been combining the above treatments with PRP to decrease the redness and improve results. As you are Asian, pretreatment and post treatment with bleaching creams is essential. Find an acne scar expert. Ask to see photos. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon