What would be the best course of action for the treatment of hypertrophic scars?

I currently have a scar on my arm that was left over as a result of a mole removal. I have received cortisone shots to reduce the height of the scar, but it is still noticeable. I was just wondering what type of laser would probably work best to treat the scar, and how many procedures may I need to have in order to get the best results (reduce the redness as much as possible, decrease the size and appearance of the scar?) I have had this scar for approximately 3 years. Thank you.

Doctor Answers 2

Hypertrophic scars on the skin

I would use a combination of Plato's Scar Serum, intralesional injections, and laser therapy for your hypertrophic scars. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 94 reviews

Hypertrophic Scar/Keloid -- Pulsed Dye Laser/VBeam, 5fu/steroids, Fraxel/Viva, CO2, Aerolase

there are many treatment options I would suggest posting a photo and seeing an expert for a consultation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 196 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.