I have dark spot on my chin from picking acne. How can I treat it without going to a doctor?

A dark spot as big a fingerprint

Doctor Answers 2

Without a picture, it's impossible to

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
make any rational comment...often the scars / abnormal color from picking tends to be rather deep in the skin - certainly below what creams can improve...suspect you need to be evaluated by a doctor...often fraxel is the best option

Las Vegas Dermatologist

Acne marks from picking

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Many patients have acne marks which are dark spots or hyper pigmentation from the acne itself. I recommend a topical Vitamin C serum twice a day and topical bleaching creams. There are many available now over the counter. Also it is important to use sun block as well. If you have scars the. You should consult a board certified dermatologist about Fraxel. 

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.