I have an old burn scar on the top of my arm which is over 10 years old. What options are available to reduce/remove?

Hello! I have an old burn scar on the top of my arm which is over 10years old. It is slightly raised however not too much. In regards to coloration it blends in rather well. However I am very eager to find some means of reducing its appearance or getting rid of it all together(if even possible)! Is there anything you would recommend I could look into? I have heard a lot about Micro-Needling at home? Or Scar Revision? My big concern is that it may end up looking worse! I don't know where to start.

Doctor Answers 2

Burn scar revision in Los Angeles

Scar revision with laser resurfacing seems to work well on burn scars. Our office specializes in burn scar revision in Los Angeles.

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 94 reviews

Burn scar treatment

There are recent advances in treating burn scars with lasers. These will not get rid of them but can significantly improve the appearance of them. I would recommend seeing a dermatologist with advanced fellowship training in laser surgery for this as its a very challenging issue to treat.

Omar Ibrahimi, MD, PhD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.