What Would Your Recommend For Burn Scar Contracture?

I have third degree burns on my stomach. I have had skin graft didnt take and wound vac on 3 months. Now that scar is healing I have scar contracture which effecting muscles and nerves. What is the best treatment surgically and non surgically for me since my doc is not skin specialist he advised he cant help.

Doctor Answers 2

Treatment of thick scars and scar contracture.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Burn scar contracture is likely treated with full thickness skin grafts and release of the scar contracture.  The first step would be to schedule a consultation with a plastic surgeon familiar with scar revision. 

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 95 reviews

Treatment for burn contractures

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

At this point, I would recommend that you have your scars evaluated by a plastic surgeon as there may be other treatment options available to you at this time. Sometimes lasers can help to improve the scar but if it is tethered you may need a scar revision.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 20 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.