I have cellulite on my legs and thighs. Is there anything I can do for it?

Cellulite...

Thanks for your question. Cellulite is very common and affects millions of women. Fortunately, there are many solutions. I often use Cellulaze. Studies have shown that at 2 years, the cellulite had not returned. Hope this helps!

Cellulite removal

Your cellulite problem is a common one. Fortunately, finally there are effective ways to minimize this problem. Perhaps the least invasive one is  Cellfina™. Cellfina is the only FDA-cleared minimally invasive, one-time procedure clinically proven to improve the appearance of cellulite for at least two years—the longest FDA-cleared duration for a cellulite treatment. A straightforward solution to cellulite, Cellfina™, combines a proven approach with innovative, proprietary technology, to produce precise, long-lasting results and has a high satisfaction rating on RealSelf. Together with Velashape 3, a non invasive procedure to help "shrink wrap the skin" and further minimize cellulite as a combination treatment is perhaps your best chance for taking care of this tough problem. Cellulaze is also a possible treatment but much more invasive

Cellulite on legs and thighs

cellulite on legs and thighs
there are many newer options.   we are excited about Cellfina  along with velashape or thermismooth   for long term improvement in these areas

Treatments for Cellulite

Yes there are treatments available that improve cellulite. We offer Cellfina and Bodyfx. Cellfina is a minimally invasive procedure that treats the structural cause of cellulite, the connective bands woven throughout the fat while Bodyfx uses radiofrequency, heat, and suction to tighten and smooth the skin. I would recommend an in person exam to determine your candidacy.

Dr. Daniel Ritacca

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Cellfina / Cellulite Reduction/ Liposuction/ Skin Tightening / BBL/ High Definition Procedures

Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women.  It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy. You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied.  Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment.

It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks.
Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years.
Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure.   It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding.  It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or Ulthera if skin tightening is needed.

We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding.

It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office.

Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals.

Take care,

Dr Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Cellulite treatment at last!

Absolutely. Many treatments have come along over the years, but finally there is a treatment that really works. Cellfina releases the bands that cause dimpling of the skin. The results can be seen immediately and last at least 3 years, probably much longer. It is a single treatment done under local anesthesia. There is temporary bruising but you can go back to normal activities the next day. No other laser or heat-based technology can compare with these results.

Cellulite Treatment Options

The most effective cellulite treatment that has yield good result and patient satisfaction has been Cellfina. It is intended for long term improvement in the appearance of cellulite. Unlike other procedures, Cellfina cuts the fibrous bands under the skin that cause the rippling effect under local anesthesia.  It take 30-45 minutes depending on the areas and does not require multiple treatments.

David P. Melamed, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist

Cellulite treatment

Cellfina appears to be the best treatment on the market currently for cellulite with patient satisfaction rates greater than 90% 3 years after having the procedure. Cellfina is performed under local anesthesia in our office. The small fibrous bands which cause the dimples of cellulite are released with a special needle allowing the skin to "pop" back into place. Obtain a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for an evaluation and in depth discussion of treatment options.

Cellfina and BodyFX

Thank you for your question. My preference for cellulite reduction depending upon candidacy is Cellfina. Cellfina is FDA cleared to reduce the appearance of cellulite for 2 years and has a high patient satisfaction rate. Cellfina treats the structural cause of cellulite which are the connective bands woven throughout the fat. We also perform Bodyfx for smoothing and cellulite reduction which is better suited for some patients or in combination with Cellfina. I would recommend an in person consultation to determine your candidacy.

Dr. Kathleen Morno

Kathleen Morno, MD
Highland Park Physician

Subcision Plus Volumizing Fillers Can Work Well ForDiscretely Dimpled Cellulite

The vast majority of women, between 80-90% in fact, have some form of cellulite involving their thighs and buttocks. The wavy, puckered type is very difficult to treat effectively with any current modality, and. unfortunately, in my experience, liposuction, fraxel lasers, radiofrequency and ultrasound devices, as well as  all kinds of topicals--from moisturizers, retinol, and caffeine derivative products--typically yield inconsistent, variable and subtle results, at very best, and are really not worth the expense and time involved in their use. 

O the other hand, for the multiple, deeper, discretely dimpled variety of cellulite, subcision with the addition of a volumizing filler, can be helpful. Subcision, by itself, serves to break up the tethering bands that pull down the surface of the skin through which the fat protrudes and also stimulates new, native collagen and elastic fiber synthesis.. And the filler further helps to plump up the depressed dimples.

More recently, a device known as Cellfina has been introduced, which is hyped to perform subcision  more effectively. However, in my opinion, this bells and whistles simply add expense to the already tried and true approach mentioned above. 

Best to consult with a board certified aesthetic physician with experience and expertise in treating cellulite. Good luck to you.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD