How to treat scars from knife slashes and stitches for Asian skin. (photo)

I was mugged and slashed with a knife in Brazil. The doctors did several stitches but now I have massive scars on the slashes that were stitched. On the top part, there is an elevated portion. and on the bottom, the skin that was cut is now depressed with very bad pigmentation. All of them have hypertrophic scars (I think that's what it is. They all have hard parts underneath surrounding the scars.). All of them are itchy at times. What is the best course of treatment?

Doctor Answers 1

Hidef Scar Revision protocol in Los Angeles

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Our Hidef Scar Revision protocol would address atrophic scars with a combination of subcision, fillers, fractional lasers, and ematrix RF. 


Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 95 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.