How to treat granuloma on an old scar? (photos)

I have a scar on my forehead for 32 years. I was 8 when I hit opening doors and the edge of the door landed in my forehead. Up until 3 month ago it was flat and barely visible. I lost about 30 lbs lately while fasting and eating mostly vaggies. After two month after the fasting & weight loss my old scar started itching and hurting a little. A biopsy shows that the tissue is inflamed and I have granuloma. This scar didn't bother me before but now it's visible and "sticking out". Whyy

Doctor Answers 1

See a cosmetic dermatologist for a formal consultation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I recommend seeing an expert in granulomas and scarring for a formal evaluation. This can be improved with surgery, lasers, and microneedling/prp. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 203 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.