Best treatment for brow and forehead wrinkles? (Photo)

40/F "11" lines between brows and creases on forehead. Would Retin-A or Retinol help? Best treatment opinions appreciated.

Best treatment for brow and forehead wrinkles?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Forehead and the "11's" are best treated with one of the neuromodulators - Botox, Xeomin, Dysport .  Given time your skin will relax, further smoothing your results, but you can improve upon them by supplementing with a good skin care regimen that involves a retinol and chemical peel series.  Hope this helps.

Treatment Solutions for Brows and Forehead

Dear newyorktoast:

Looking at your photos, bets treatment for line softening of your brows and forehead is Botox and I would also recommend maintenance topical retinols.  All the best.

What is the best treatment for forehead lines?

Thanks for your photos and questions. The best treatment for the 11's (also known as glabella lines) and forehead lines  is a neurotoxin--like Botox. These dynamic lines can be softened by Botox. I caution to seek an experiences injector, like a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist, because too much Botox in this area can cause a heavy brow or odd facial expressions. You asked about Retin A or retinols. Retin A is a prescription medicine that skin cell turn over. It is great for fine lines on the face. I recommend you meet with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist to discuss your medical history and if Retin A would be appropriate for you. Retin A should be placed on the skin at night and it can increase your sensitivity to UV light, so be cautious! I wish you the best. 

Treatment of the 11's

Toxins (Botox, Restylane, and Xeomin) are great options for the treatment of the "11's". Topical treatments while effective for fine lines, will be of minimal benefit if used alone. 

Alternatively, more aggressive treatments are available, including laser peels, MEDIUM depth chemical peels, and dermabrasion, but these are usually reserved for persons whom are getting such treatments for other areas as well with more substantial rhytids (wrinles/lines).

good luck!

drbader

Robert S. Bader, MD
Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for "11" lines in between brows and creases on forehead.

The lines on the forehead are due to repeated contractions of the muscles of facial expression. Relaxing these muscles at an early age can prevent permanent lines. Using neurotoxins such as Botox or Dysport is the best treatment for you.  Retin-A can certainly reduce the further formation of fine lines, do not forget to use SPF 35 with zinc or titanium.

Thank you for your question. By looking at your photos, I recommend Botox to treat your forehead and the glabellar (11’s). Please see an expert injector for an in person consultation to determine a treatment plan for you. Best of Luck!

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Best Treatment For Brow And Forehead Wrinkles

Thank you for your excellent question and for sharing your photographs.  Based on your photos, I would recommend the use of Botox to most effectively treat your forehead and glabellar creases.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes!

Treating forehead and glabellar creases

This is a job for Botox. The topicals will help with skin texture and appearance, but the deeper wrinkles need Botox. These are standard areas of treatment.

Steven F. Weiner, MD