Will my hyperpigmentation ever go away from acne? (Photo)

Hi i have red acne marks but they are very light not severe but on one cheek there are quite a lot. Ill put a photo on to ask you how long do you think it will take for the marks to naturally go away. The creams that I'm using right now are differin gel 0.1 andduac once daily gel. Do you reckon that these creams will do anything? regards.

Pulsed dye laser may help for Macular erythema

The fading creams will be useful for pigmentation, and the photos are a little unclear, but if there is redness as you describe (macular erythema) pulsed dye laser will be useful as well over a series of about 3-4 treatments.  Untreated, much of it will fade over time as long as the acne is treated, but may take months to clear.  Best wishes, Shobhan.

PIH from acne

I would try either hydroquinone or chemical peels. There are other skin lighteners as well such as Kojic acid. ZO products have good skin care products for this problem.

Steven F. Weiner, MD