A Blue Stitch In My Belly?

I had a surgery many years ago, I was like 7 years old. Today I found a blue stitch( it looks like it) in my belly where the scar is. I removed it and I just want to make sure if that's normal or not. I'm 20 years old now.

Don't worry...

That looks like a type of permanent suture called Prolene. It's a synthetic suture that's commonly used. It sounds like a fragment has worked it's way out. As long as there is no sign of infection like redness or swelling, you're probably fine.

Good luck!

Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Don't worry...

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Good luck!

Gainesville Plastic Surgeon