How can I cure acne and acne scars? (Photo)

Acne

Acne can be a difficult to manage condition and is best treated medically prior to laser therapy. Laser therapy can help with scarring but if acne is still active, one may develop new acne scars. I typically recommend that the acne be treated and controlled medically and then after it is controlled lasers can be explored to help skin texture and scarring. There are a number of effective medical treatments for acne and it is recommended to seek a visit with a board certified dermatologist.

Los Angeles Dermatologist

Cures for acne and acne scars?

There are no cures for these hard to treat problems. Acne needs topical, oral, and sometime laser therapy. Acne scars are treated with Infini, lasers, subcision, PRP, Bellafill. Expect improvements with treatment but not cures.

Steven F. Weiner, MD