I'm 20 and I'm suffering from acne scars. How can I treat them? (Photo)

How can I reduce my acne scars...

EMatrix vs Infini RF vs low density CO2

The rate limiting aspect of YOUR scar removal is your Ethnic skin type. Patients with darker skin are more prone towards PIH or prolonged skin darkening after laser. In your case, I would advice a series of INFINI RF micro needling treatments as my number one pick, followed by eMatrix at a high treatment level (60 mj or above per pin, 50% overlap).

CO2 can also be used, however density levels needs to be low. 

As with all fractional devices, several sessions are needed for the best outcomes. 

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser Dermatologist
Brisbane. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Ance Scars in Dark Skin and eMatrix

I have found that eMatrix is by far the best laser for this type of acne scars in dark skin.  It will take several treatments to improve your skin's appearance.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Acne scarring in dark skin

Infini is very good for darker skin types. I suggest at least 3 treatments. Deeper scars can be filled with Bellafill. Please see my link.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Different Types Of Acne Scars Require Different Treatments; One Size Does Not Fit All

The photo shows evidence of atrophic rolling scars, some boxcar scars and many pit (ice pick) scars. The atrophic (indented, depressed) scars can be elevated with subcision. The pit scars may be treated with the TCA CROSS Technique, and fractional microneedle resurfacing (aka medical microneedling, skin needling, dermal rolling) can be used to better blend the overall texture and tone of the treated skin with the normal surrounding skin.

Best to seek consultation with a board certified aesthetic physician with experience and expertise in treating all forms of acne scars. Be wary of practitioners or medspas hawking relatively expensive, one-size-fits all approaches, such as fraxel lasers, radiofrequency and ultrasound treatments. And for more information on any of the above procedures, check out the archives of RealSelf.com

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Acne Scar Revision

Thank you for your question. The acne scars you are experiencing appear to be a textural issue versus issues of pigmentation. You should visit a board-certified facial plastic surgeon's office and meeting with qualified skin expert to be fully evaluated and set up an appropriate plan of care. My skin care nurse, Annie Bruno, RN offers complimentary comprehensive skin consultations and you should be able to locate someone in your area to provide you with the same type of service to best treat the needs of your skin, and answer any questions you may have prior to initiating treatment. Some of the options my nurse uses (and has great success with) are different chemical peels, lasers, and microneedling.

All the best to you,

Dr. Todd Hobgood, MD

Todd Christopher Hobgood, MD
Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon