Various pitted acne scarring. Help! (photos)

I am currently researching the various procedures available to treat acne scars, however I am unsure the types that would be suitable for skin situation. I understand that not all doctors provide every procedure available and would like to get some opinion first before finding the right doctor to treat me. I believe I have mostly box car and ice pick scars with large pores. I would like to also improve my overall skin texture as it looks quite old and dull despite being in my early 20s

HiDef Acne Scar Protocol in Los Angeles

I would recommend our HiDef Acne scar protocol which incorporates subcision, fractional laser, fractional RF, E Matrix RF, co2 laser, and acne surgery. Clear and Brilliant laser and fillers can also be incorporated into the treatments. 

DR. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Fractionated lasers

Fractionated carbon dioxide or erbium lasers can improve your scars. The erbium has a faster helaing time of 3-5 days. Sessions can repeated 8 weeks apart. For a lower tech treatment with no downtime Microneedling can stimulate new collagen formation. These treatments can be combined Dpending on your schedule.

Morris Westfried, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Acne Scars and eMatrix with Asian Skin

The best treatment for your skin type and type of scars would be the eMatrix laser.  It would take at least 3 treatments to improve the scars but you will produce new collagen and improve the skin textureand rejuvenate it.  Best, Dr. Green

Fraxel

Fraxel is a laser skin rejuvenation treatment that resurfaces your outer skin, erasing imperfections. It also encourages the production of collagen, a protein found in connective tissue.The result is clearly visible lines, folds and wrinkles. Fraxel laser skin rejuvenation is a non-invasive technique that affects only about 20 percent of the facial skin exposed to it. The most common side effects of Fraxel laser treatment are swelling and skin redness, which should subside within a couple of days. Other temporary side effects may include minor itching, dry skin, peeling or flaking, and a bronzed skin appearance. The risk of infection or scarring is very limited. You should stay out of the sun 2-4 weeks.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Various Superficial Acne scars

In my opinion, you have boxcars, superficial pits, enlarged pores but no ice picks scars.
Treatment for the scars may differ. Multiple treatments may be necessary. Many modalities will help your type of scarring. Ablative and non-ablative lasers, microneedling, radiofrequency microneedling (infini), TCA cross  all with the option to add PRP. Based upon your Fitzpatrick skin type, you may need pre and post treatment with bleaching creams. Look for an acne scar specialist. Ask to see photos of similar type patients. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon