Any Comments or Advice Regarding Mesotherapy for Cellulite?

I am getting ready to go in for mesotherapy for cellulite treatment. I've read good reviews on the process although it is not approved by the FDA. I would be interested if anyone has any advice or comments.

Mesotherapy disappointing for cellulite and fat reduction.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Mesotherapy (Lipodissolve) has been disappointing in fat reduction because of inconsistent results and harsh side effects (pain, swelling, hardness of the area for weeks).  The injections are painful and have to be done multiple times.  The treatment itself has not gained FDA approval.  For all of these reasons it is not an ideal treatment although more research and development may change that.

It has been marketed more for reduction of fat in general rather than cellulite.  Cellulite is more than just excess fat, even thin women suffer from the rippling.  Tightening of the skin seems to bring about a better result than simple fat reduction regardless of the method used.

Paradise Valley Dermatologic Surgeon

Mesotherapy and Cellulite

Much as my colleagues and I would LOVE to have a way to banish cellulite - that method or cure does NOT yet exist.

Not only does mesotherapy not work consistently on cellulite, you may be left with results which may be hard to correct later on.

Personally, I would advise you to save your money for something which is safer and more predictable in its efficacy or give it to your favorite charity.

Consistent benefit doubtful for mesotherapy for cellulite treatment

You should lower your expectation as mesotherapy or Lipodissolve has not shown to provide a "consistent" benefit to cellulite. Despite the claims of some medical device manufacturers, to date, no other modality has provided a clear-cut clinical benefit for cellulite treatment.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Cellfina/Cellulite Treatment/Ultherapy/Thermi RF/Body Contouring/ Hi Definition Procedures

Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women.

It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy. You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied.

Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment.

It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks.

It is different than Cellulaze which is a laser. 

If you have had previous poor results with cellulaze, you can still do Cellfina.

Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years. 

Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure. 

It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding.

It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or

Ulthera if skin tightening is needed.

We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding.

It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office.

Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz 

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Any Comments or Advice Regarding Mesotherapy for Cellulite

Mesotherapy is a therapy originally developed in Europe to #relieve #pain of #inflammatory skin conditions. It involves #injecting substances such as #vitamins, #minerals, amino acids, and #enzymes into the #tissue just beneath the #skin. #Mesotherapy may break down fat and bring a slight improvement in the appearance of #cellulite. But it also carries risks, which include swelling, infection, and irregular contours. Cellfina is the newest, most effective FDA approved technology available for treating cellulite. This one-time, minimally invasive procedure takes only 45 minutes to perform, but the results last for a minimum of two years. #Cellfina has the longest lasting results of any current #cellulite treatment. Its approval rate is over 93% here on RealSelf.

Used on #moderate to #severe cellulite of the buttock and thighs, Cellfina works by treating the rubber-band-like connective tissue that causes cellulite. When these “rubber bands” under the skin are cut, the fat trapped underneath in dimples “snaps” back into place, creating a full, smooth appearance.
There is no cutting and no incisions. To perform this controlled, precise, and safe procedure, a vacuum hand piece is placed over the dimpled tissue through which the surgeon will deliver a local anesthetic. Then a small, needle-like #microblade is inserted to release the fibrous bands, the cause of cellulite. To learn if you are candidate for #Cellfina or #Cellfina #Platnium which intergrates other treatments for optimun results, #consult with a board-certified Plastic Surgeon. 

Cellulaze to fight cellulite

The best procedure to treat cellulite is Cellulaze. Cellulaze promotes skin thickening and tightening, resulting is tighter, smoother skin. Cellulaze fights cellulite from under the skin.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Cellulite treatment

If you truly have cellulite,  cellulaze may be a good option for you. Cellulaze uses a laser under the skin to attack the anatomic causes of cellulite. It is a minimally invasive procedure that takes 1-2 hours and can be safely done  under local or just IV sedation.  It is an FDA approved treatment for cellulite and requires only one treatment.  Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Sugene Kim

Cellulaze Best for Cellulite Reduction

Thank you for your question. I would not suggest undergoing mesothrapy. Instead, I would suggest Cellulaze. Cellulaze is the only minimally invasive laser procedure designed to attack the structure of cellulite beneath your skin. It delivers longer-lasting results after only one short treatment. It is the first and only cellulite laser treatment that treats the actual problems underneath the skin to deliver a proven longer-lasting result from just one simple treatment. Cellulaze is backed by many years of clinical research. Studies have shown it increases the thickness of your skin by 25% and the elasticity of your skin by 29%—significant claims that haven't been made by any other treatments. Thicker and more elastic skin can help flatten and smooth the skin surface to improve the appearance of cellulite. In addition, 93% of patients surveyed were satisfied or very satisfied with their results at one year post their procedure, and all would recommend the Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment to a friend.

Cellulite Mesotherapy

You are correct - mesotherapy is NOT FDA approved for cellulite treatment.  Rather, I would recommend you consider Cellulaze.

Cellulaze utilizes a 1440 nm wavelength laser to accomplish 3 things:  1) melt away fat bulging out 2) break up fibrous septae (attachments) that create the indentations and 3) help thicken the dermis (skin) to prevent future recurrence.   The procedure can take between 60-90 minutes and can be completed under local or just IV sedation (depending on the length of your procedure and number of areas being treated). To see your final results takes between 3-6 months. You can visit the cellulaze . com website to learn more about the procedure. Best of luck!

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX