Chickenpox deep scar permanent solution? (photo)

Is subcision safe and permanent....I have heard that scarred area is resurfaced ....but colour of the scar is bit different than that of the skin...I have 2 deep scars on my right cheek...does it have a complete and permanent solution....I also want to know the cost involved in the suggested process....

Multiple sessions of Microneedling , Co2 or Bellafill

If you require an immediate but conservative improvement, then a HA based filler like Juvederm can help. If you are after permeant results, you will need multiple sessions of microneedling, or LOW DENSITY co2 laser followed by fillers such as Bellafill (considered a 5 year filler). I suggest you see a dermatologist or plastic surgeon to discuss your options. Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Deep cheek scar treatment options

Thank you for your question. While a single 2 dimensional photo provides a limited visual impression of the best treatment to recommend, in general terms, a deep scar to the cheek would best be initially treated with fraxal CO2 laser resurfacing and/or chemical peel, followed by a minimal touch up with an appropriate HA based dermal filler. It is important to emphasise that a comprehensive formal assessment with an appropriately qualified and experienced practitioner is recommended to ensure that there are no contraindications to the treatment opted for and that appropriate after treatment follow up care is provided to achieve optimal results.

Subcision is used for depressed scars

It is hard to see but it looks like the scars are raised. In these cases, laser resurfacing, Infini, and maybe injection with 5FU or Kenalog is needed. Cost is impossible to figure due to number of treatments needed and geographic variances.

Steven F. Weiner, MD