Long running battle against acne scarring and pigmentation - please help. (photo)

Hello everyone! I am a 22 year old male residing in Nepal. I have light brown colour skin and since when i was 18 years old i have been battling acne.I have tried all home remedies ranging from lemon Juice, turmeric,aloe Vera and also consulted dermatologist. His prescription didn't work for scars and pigmentation. No i have very less acne :) but i am still on my journey to find treatments for my scars and pigmentation. I was thinking of going for acid peel mainly TCA 20%. Please Help.

Long running battle against acne scarring and pigmentation - please help

Thank you for the photo. The chemical peel may make the hyperpigmentation worse. When dealing with dark spots you have to be very carful with chemical peels and lasers. Your skin is not prepared for such a stron treatment and could end up making the spots darker. You need to take baby steps with hyperpigmentation and DO NOT have Laser. You may benefit from a series if MicroNeedling treatments. They can be performed on all skin types and have great results. Good Luck!

Acne scars in darker skin, Don't Do TCA peel

I wouldn't do that peel. Also, topicals will not work. Infini is your best option or microneedling. TCA peel might leave pigmentary problems and I wouldn't do that.

Steven F. Weiner, MD