Treatment for Crepey Skin on Cheeks?

My problem is that about 6 months ago, I started to develop crepey skin on my cheeks. The thing is that the wrinkles only appear when I laugh, which doesn't make them less annoying for me. These wrinkles are not marionette lines or nasolabial folds or crows feet, just crepe-like skin on my lower cheeks. It bothers me A LOT. I've read a lot of answers here about how dynamic wrinkles can be treated with Botox, but not on the lower face area. What are my options? Will laser or a chemical peel help? Also, FYI I'm 31.

Crepey wrinkles on the cheeks

Sculptra injections stimulate your own skin to thicken.  You may require 1 to 3 Sculptra treatments about 6 to 8 weeks apart.  The results last for about 2 years.  Fractional CO2 laser is another option.  Use tretinoin cream to help smooth skin and sun protection to prevent additional thinning of your skin.

Toronto Dermatologist

Crepey wrinkles on the cheeks

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Toronto Dermatologist

Treatment for fine facial wrinkles

Fine wrinkles on the facial skin can be treated with a variety of lasers. The most effective are ablative lasers like the CO2 or Er:YAG. These ablative lasers can be fractionated for easiest healing. A variety of non-ablative lasers can also be used. It would be best to see a Dermatological Surgeon who has a variety of lasers so that he/she can choose the treatment that is best for you.

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Treatment for fine facial wrinkles

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon