Treatment for white acne scars ["spotted"]? (photo)

I have small white scars on my chest from acne scarring. What treatments can be done to minimize this? I am looking for improvement, not necessarily perfection. I have considered Halo and an excimer laser. I am concerned because the scars are small, pencil eraser size and smaller and I I don't want to damage the surrounding skin. But they are numerous and noticeable.

White Scars on Body -- Fraxel, Fractional Co2, Venus Viva/Skin Finity, Medical Tattooing

There are many options with lasers and tattooing.  I suggest you see an expert for a formal evaluation.  Best, Dr. Emer. 

Steroid injections + Fractionated laser

Chest scars are particularly challenging.  I treat the raised ones with monthly steroid injections, and use a fractionated laser such as Fraxel 1550nm, Erbium or CO2 over multiple sessions (laser choice depends on your skin type, severity of scarring and down-time) to try to improve this.  We have been having some success with RECELL for repigmenting acne scars as well, so that is something that is worth considering.  Best wishes, Shobhan.

308 Excimer over Halo

I would consider the 308 as its wavelength is near the 311 ( narrowband UVB), the aim of treatment is to get the pigment back, hence you will need to stimulate the melanocytes to produce colour. 

308 over Halo, if that does not work, consider RECELL. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim
Laser Dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

White scars? ENGLEWOOD Cliffs, NJ

In my opinion, the fractionated erbium laser (Fraxel) works well for treatment of multiple  small white scars.
If the white scars are larger, an excimer laser can be added to the protocol. You should be seen by a acne scar expert. Ask to see photos. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

White Scars

One of the best types of lasers for this type of scarring is the eMatrix laser.  I have found it exceptional for getting reducing these types of discreet scars in all skin types.  Please consult an expert in scars and these lasers for the best results.  Best, Dr. Green