What procedure would you recommend? 5 years post-op upper bleph and face lift. (photos)

I have use lots of Botox below eyes. I have also tried restyln. I still have fullness in my checks from bellafill. I sleep a lot since my son past three years ago which probably does not help.

Multi platform approach for skin wrinkling- try it!

Hello Chichi,

And thank your for your question.  The aging process is multi dimensional as a result of bone resorption, fat resorption and skin thinning.  For these reasons, a multidimensional solution is required.

As others have mentioned a combination approach works best:

1. surface of skin solutions- any type of resurfacing...thermal, chemical, mechanical, neurotoxins

2. volume loss solutions- a variety of fillers that range from deep to superficial

3. quality of skin solutions- platelet rich plasma, Retin A, sunscreen, skincare protocol customized for you

Surgery is great for addressing lax skin but the maintenance of quality skin is a life long pursuit.

Thank you.

In good health,

Ellen Mahony

Westport Plastic Surgeon

What procedure would you recommend? 5 years post-op upper bleph and face lift.

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Though nothing replaces an in-person examination, I would favor you starting on a good skin care regimen that incorporates a retinol and sunblock and a series of chemical peels to improve the tone and texture of your skin.  Use dermal fillers like Voluma to help fill in the areas of your temples and cheeks to restore lost volume and thinner fillers into your lower eyelid region to smooth the transition to the cheek.  Be sure to see an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to maximize your results. 

Total Rejuvenation with lasers, Sculptra, RF treatments, fillers, microneedling/prp

A combination approach would be best. I find that a combination of lasers or RF, sculptra for collagen building, microneedling/prp and skin care help with skin rejuvenation. Volume can be added with fillers/fat/Sculptra.  Kybella, Ultherapy and/or ThermiRF treatments (Venus Legacy) would be non-invasive options that would do well in combination for skin tightening.  Please see a cosmetic dermatologist for a long term treatment plan.  Best, Dr. Emer.

5 years after facelift and bleph, now what?

I think that properly placed filler would help in the cheeks and temples. Infini to help with the superficial wrinkles or laser resurfacing. A full consult is necessary.

Steven F. Weiner, MD