Best treatment for number 11 lines (photo)

I had asked this question before and received some helpful answers but fear my photo was not very accurate and perhaps showed that I was frowning. It also made me appear male. After speaking with one plastic surgeon in person who said since my lines are at rest I would benefit most from a brow lift i wanted a second opinion. As you can see these lines are quite deep even when smiling. Is the best treatment really a surgical brow lift or can I see them disappear with Botox?

11's will usually respond well to Botox

The 11's are usually the result of long term hyperactivity of the corrugator muscle in the brow. The muscle attaches deeply to bone near the mid-line in the brow. The muscle fibers then pass more superficially as they travel laterally. Sometimes, muscle activity is still present following botox, if a segment of the muscle hasn't been blocked adequately. Seek out a skilled aesthetic professional who understands the anatomy of this muscle. If the crease persists following adequate block, other options will need to be explored. Should this be the case, consult an experienced aesthetic plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Independence Plastic Surgeon

Botox for 11's

Thank you for your question. I recommend starting off with Botox or Xeomin injections before considering a brow lift. I believe in doing everything in moderation, so start off lightly (in terms of Botox units injected) and see how you react over the course of a week or two. You may need more than one treatment of Botox. You should see some improvement after each treatment. Please consult with an expert in your area. Good luck!

Brian M. Kinney, MD, FACS

Botox

I would recommend a treatment or two with Botox before you rush to the operating room.  Botox will relax the muscles that are causing those wrinkles.  They may not completely go away after one treatment, but they should improve.  The more you keep up on the Botox treatments and keep the muscles at rest, the better your results will be.

Botox or Dysport for 11's

A neuromodulator such as Botox or Dysport could drastically improve your 11's as well as provide a brow lift. In my practice I use a customized approach to address a patient's concerns, helping them achieve the results they desire. Whether you wish to make these lines disappear altogether or soften and retain movement, a customized approach and a product like this can get you there.

Dennis Gross, MD

"11" Lines -- Botox, Fillers, Lasers, Microneedling/PRP

These are easily improved with fillers and botox.  Skin improement with microneedling/PRP and lasers also help.  Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox

You brow appears to be adequately elevated so I would be in favor of Botox rather than a brow lift.  Botox will temporarily weaken the muscle of facial expression causing the wrinkle (corregators and procerus in your case).  

John Burns, MD

Try Botox

I would recommend Botox.
It probably will work great.
Fillers can be placed to help volume, but this is for experienced injectors.
This combo is very, very strong.
But likely Botox alone will keep you happy.

Brow lift for 11's?

This is not the right solution. Botox is needed to improve these. If after a couple treatments and consistent use of Botox you are still not happy with the results, filler in this area can be done. It should be an HA filler and performed by a very experienced doctor. This area is dangerous for filler because of increased possibility of vascular occlusion. See link.

Steven F. Weiner, MD