What sort of Breast Lift would I need? (photos)

Obviously I want minimal scarring but sometimes a nice shape isn't not achievable without major incisions. Preferably I would like a peri areola lift. If this possible with my amount of drop? And also how much would my breasts reduce in size?

Lollipop lift

Based on your photos, a lollipop (vertical) lift would be better able to contour and re-shape your breasts compared to a donut lift.  The problem with donut lifts when applied in the wrong situation is that they can lead to flattening and spreading of your areola.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck! 

What type of lift......

Of course minimal scarring would always be the preference of your plastic surgeon as well.  Limiting the scar to around the areola would be nice but this could only reduce the size of the areola and raise the level of the nipple.  Unfortunately it flattens the breast and really doesn't lift the heavy sagging tissue beneath the fold and thus considerable skin on skin would be left behind with a flatten look.  Most surgeons wouldn't do a periareolar  lift without an implant to counter act the flattening.  Even with an implant there is still the flattening and a leaving of the sagging tissue below the fold.  A much better shape would be with a vertical lift that has the same scar around the areola although a better quality scar.  The vertical lift also has a vertical scar and a small amount inside the fold, if any there at all.  The shape is far superior and although a small implant would improve shape, a vertical lift with implant is not necessary.  I hope you find this information helpful.

Thomas Hubbard, MD, FACS
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift periareolar vs full

Hello and thank you for your question and photos. Giving your concerns and your photos you would benefit from at least a vertical type breast lift. The donut lift is not a good choice for this condition. The donut or binelli lift often results in a wide stretched out nipple with minimal lifting. To combat that problem many doctors will use a permanent suture in their Benelli lift to help maintain the closure this results in a very palpable string under the skin  that you can always feel. 

Actual breast size will change little. It will go down in size, but only by the amount of loose skin you have. You should know that most lifts go down a cup size or two. But that is because many patients who have sagging use a larger bra than they actually need to help contain the loose skin. 

I realize that no one wants the added scars,  but is necessary to correct the breast shape. There are always tradeoffs to every decision you make.

You should seek several consultations with board-certified plastic surgeons in your area before making any decisions.

As always it is best to be healthy, no smoking, and to make sure any health care concerns you have are managed by your primary care physician.

Best to you

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Periareolar lift

I don't know that you're a candidate for a periareolar lift-only.  To really lift the breast into the correct position, I feel you are likely to need an extension downward, or vertically.  But, that's probably all you'd need.  The incision around the nipple-only, when that's done on its own when you actually need more, it doesn't look good, is inadequate in terms of truly lifting, and also the incision widens out and the nipple slowly gets bigger.  

Breast Lift / Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Tuberous Breasts

I appreciate your question.

I perform a liposuction breast lift that removes tissue from the areas you don't want such as near the armpit and the lower portion hanging near your stomach. Once I use this to shape the breast I then remove the skin to tighten the breast and create a better shape with nice cleavage. Since I perform this less invasively the recovery time is faster. The size would depend on the proportion with your body versus going for a cup size.

It takes 6 weeks to heal and I wait 12 months before any scar revision.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Mastopexy ?

If you're considering a surgical breast lift, one way to see if it might help you is to put a pencil under your breast and see if it stays there. If it does, a breast lift might be an option.
The most common breast lift operation, called mastopexy, repositions the nipple higher on the chest wall. Women usually get this procedure on an outpatient basis, meaning there's no overnight stay. It takes about two hours and is usually done under general anesthesia. Based on your pictures you may need more than a periareolar lift for long lasting results.

Implants should not be used to lift a breast as this will change in time, making the condition and droopiness worse in a matter of years. It is almost impossible to give you an idea without a proper physical examination.  There are a number of measurements we used during our pre-operative consultation determined to determine if a lift if needed.  Please make sure you discussed this with your plastic surgeon and make sure or usable over the pros and cons of each procedure.  Best of Luck in your surgery!!

What type of lift?

Hello dearm thanks for your post and provided information and pictures as well! Sometimes we want something but at the end is not what we really need or is not the the answer to our porblems. I recommend to make an appointment with a board ceritifed plastic surgeon to talk about your goals and concerns and also see what is the best type of lift for you! 

Good luck in this journey :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD