Chin and cheek cortisone injection atrophy. Any suggestions? (photos)

I have fat atrophy in 3 places on my cheeks and chin where my dermatologist injected acne cysts with cortisone. The cysts disappeared, but over the next 3 weeks dents started appearing. They are now like deep chicken pox scars and much worse than any scars I ve ever had from acne. Will they go away?

Atrophic scars from Cysts/Cortisone NYC

I would definitely wait to see if the skin regenerates.  I find that several months later new collagen forms.  One of the best ways to encourage and speed up new collagen formation and hide the indents is to have a small amount of Restylane injected into the depressions.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Cortisone fat atrophy? ENGLEWOOD Cliffs NJ

In my opinion, a large percentage of cortisone fat atrophy will resolve on its own. You need to wait six to nine months. Should the depression still be present, some treatments include injection of saline, subcision, injection of fillers with subcision and Infini. I believe the best person to treat your condition would be and acne scar expert. Ask to see photos. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon