Best treatment for facial surgery scar? (Photos)

I have just tried my first treatment on scar at home using dermaroller. Had some success with stretch marks a few years ago using this technique. But any suggestions for this scar on my face? It's slightly red still after 3 years and uneven at the top given a look of a bump under my skin. Would a laser be better?

Multimodality Scvar Therapy

Thank you for your question. Scar therapy has evolved over the years. There are many treatments that you can do at home, such as needling. Topical scar tape or silicone gel is also beneficial while the scar is still red. There are numerous in-office therapies as well. Our Santa Rosa Scar Clinic could see you for a consultation.

Best wishes!

Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scar on Face -- Lasers (Fraxel, Co2, Erbium), Microneedling/PRP, Subcision, Surgical Revision

I suggest a formal consultation.  We do lasers, microneedling/PRP for these types of scars.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Scar on Face

Hi there!

Scars on the face can be very bothersome. The picture of the scar is a perfect example of this. Anywhere else on the body and it would possibly be tolerable but on the face even a small thin scar is scary! First of all scars can be improved by making them thinner, less elevated, and better hidden. Ideal scars are located in particular creases on the face (specifically in the region between facial subunits) and are aligned perpendicular to the underlying facial muscles. Often surgery can be performed to move the scar. Depending on how old that scar is topical therapies can be used to improve the scar. Sillicone gel is the primary therapy used in this manner. A cheap optiuon for this is ScarFade. In addition for scars that are thin, not elevated and well located can be treated with laser therapy. This works best for lighter skin tones which you appear to have based upon the pictures. Scar revision is an entire subject so I can probably go on forever so I hope this helps. If my guess is correct I believe a lot of your question depends on how old the scar is. At three years topical therapies are less likely to work and your best option would be ablative and non-ablative laser resurfacing. 

Sagar Patel, MD
Houston Physician