What treatment would you advise for Black skin? (photos)

Dear Doctor, I've suffered with acne for 15 years, after taking tablets for it in my mid twenties I have been left with severe acne scaring at the age of 32yrs , to make matters worse I have black skin and its hard to find treatment as every doctor specialist says theres nothing they can do for the scars I looked at the dermo roller but they stay its bad for black skin. I've had skin peels they didn't work. Please help me?

Acne Scarring -- Lasers (Fraxel, Co2/Erbium, VIVA, Intensif); Microneedling/PRP, Fillers (Bellafill); Subcision; Punch Excision

Dark skin is best treated with RF or microneedling along with fillers, subcision and surgery if bad acne scarring.  Skin care is essential.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Black Dark skin and box car, rolling, atrophic acne scars

So I see you have boxcar atrophic rolling scars all throughout your cheek temples in upper neck. The major issue again with balck skin and skin that is darker toned is that your skin is highly pigmented. The use of resurfacing techniques will put your skin at risk for loss of pigmentation. Although black skin does come back and that the pigment does come back there's chance that it could be lighter and that's the major risk. As long as you are willing to take that risk, there is a treatment for your type of scars. A multi-layered process can really markedly improve your scars and I can help.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

INFINI hands down

Just writing a paper on the use of INFINI RF for the treatment of acne scars in darker skin types (Asian and darker), I have 4 subjects with your skin type, no incidence of PIH, 15 Asian skin type (Type 3/4/5) with no adverse side effects. I always say its the method that give the best improvement, but with Infini RF I also do believe it is the device as it has insulated needles. This is they key to both a high satisfaction rate, and a low side effect rate. I often combine this with PRP, over and under for the best results. Agree totally with Dr Weiner. Dr Davin Lim, Brisbane. Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Dark skin with acne scarring

I think the Infini is perfect for you. It is safe for dark skin. It is my go to treatment to improve acne scarring in all skin types. You will need at least 3 treatments. See link please.

Steven F. Weiner, MD