Will my adult acne ever stop and will my scars ever go! away? (photos)

I'm 24 and have mainly acne scars by my cheekbones near my ears and also on my chin. I am using a personal microderm to try and lighten the scars over time. I am still getting spots and feel that this cycle will never end. Do you have any advice?

Acne with scarring

You need to see a dermatologist for this. You need topicals, orals, chemical peels, and possibly lasers. It might be you need antibiotics or Accutane. Scars can be treated with the Infini when acne is controlled. 

Does acne ever go away??

Acne, or infections/inflammation of the skin involving oil glands and bacteria, is the bane of many people, both young and old. We usually associate it with teenagers but many adults also struggle with this off and on for years. Severity varies from annoying blackheads to deep pustules and cysts. Hormones do affect skin, too. There is no ‘one treatment fits all’ approach. Strategies often involve topicals such as tretinoin as well as others, light peels, lasers, exfoliating and resurfacing treatments. This can be a daunting experience. Thankfully as oil glands become less active with aging, acne does subside with time. 

Donn R. Chatham, MD
Louisville Facial Plastic Surgeon