What is the best treatment/solution for large pores and facial scars?

I have acne since I was 16 and now 21. In the past I tried many products but nothing worked, about a 1 1/2 I had smoothbean laser(5 times) About 6 months ago I had Pixel CO2(2 times) they helped me with the acne. Now that I have controled my acne, my skin looks horrible especially during the day with the sun light, I have large pores all over my cheeks, nose, and forehead and some scars, I have an oily skin. Want to know what are the best treatments that can help me with my problem? Thank you.

Treatments for Large Pores and Facial Scars

You can get started with topical Vitamin A (tretinoin) which improves pores and discoloration. Office-based treatments such as chemical peeling (ie. glycolic peeling), micro-dermabrasion (Ie. Silkpeel Dermalinfusion) and Isolaz can be very helpful in improving large pores and facial scarring and discoloration secondary to acne. But the truth is, improving pores and scarring takes patience, time and willingness to try different treatments. 

Pore size- how to reliably reduce them.

This video covers all the questions regarding pore size.

I choose a particular laser based upon the size of the pore, skin type of the patient, and expectations.

I find that the most reliable method is with INFINI RF, micron needling using energy. This beats all my Fraxel lasers and chemical peel techniques. Very little downtime, and it is ideal for small to medium size pores.

Chemical peels such as TCA (70-100%) placed focally in the pores is an excellent treatment for large pores.

Pore size reduction treatments should be tailored according to the patient IMO.

Dr Davin Lim
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia.

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Best Treatment for Facial Pores and Acne Scarring

Thank you for your question. At my practice, I have gotten excellent results for scarring with Fraxel. This treatment eliminates irregular skin discoloration, and stimulates new collagen production, tightening the skin without prolonged recovery. After a series of 2 to 4 Fraxel treatments, the cumulative cosmetic improvement is near more aggressive lasers, but unlike more aggressive lasers,
redness and swelling eliminated within 2 to 4 days after each treatment. Fraxel is outstanding for fine wrinkles, mild skin laxity, irregular pigmentation, acne scars, surgical scars, enlarged pores, stretch marks, age spots and Rosacea. It can be used safely on the face, neck, hands, arms, and chest.

Acne Scarring

Acne scars can be improved quite nicely with fractionated radio frequency such as sublative. This stimulates new collagen, remodeling the scars and producing smoother skin. Deeper scars may require treatment with CO2, but often radio frequency is all that is needed.