How do you treat Roscea and Milia at the same time?

Roscea is advancing to cysts on the face.

Doctor Answers 1

Go to A Dermatologist With Expertise In Treating Rosacea

Rosacea is a complex skin condition that has many forms and can be triggered by many external and internal factors.  It is important you see a dermatologist who is trained in both medical and cosmetic treatments because sometimes rosacea needs more advanced treatments such as lasers or internal medications.  Based on what you are saying you may require both medical and cosmetic treatments and I would see someone with expertise in this area.  The best lasers for treating rosacea currently are the pulsed dye laser and Excel V.  However, you are likely to need also topical and oral medications to regulate your condition and identifying your triggers and ecluding them from your lifestyle will also be very helpful in the long term.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 190 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.