Identifying and Treating Odd Acne Scars? Advice? (photos)

I had borderline severe hormonal acne for approximately 13 or 14 years, and have been on Isotretinoin twice. I finished my most recent Isotretinoin (Epuris) treatment around 4 months ago. When I had acne, I rarely had any lesions on my cheeks. It was mostly hormonal bumps around the mouth. But I have developed in the past couple years an odd texture on my cheeks. It became more prominent when I was on Epuris. What type of scarring is this (please see photos)? What is the best way to treat it?

Acne Scars and Texture

The texture of your skin has changed from years of acne and scars.  A combination of chemical peels, PRP with microneedling, and lasers such as Fraxel and eMatrix will all improve your skin.  Please consult an expert in acne scars for the best cosmetic results. Best, Dr. Green

Getting the right combination for acne scarring with lasers, microneedling/prp and fillers

This can be improved with a series of treatments combining lasers, microneedling/prp, subcision and fillers. I recommend a formal consultation with an acne scarring expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Treating acne scars on face

I would treat initially with the Infini for 2-3 treatments. The deeper scars might require filling with Bellafill. Other treatments which migh help are: Subcision, PRP, TCA cross.

Steven F. Weiner, MD