Is There an Effective Cellulite Treatment?

I would like to know if there if an effective cellulite treatment for the thighs and buttocks? If so what its called and are they done as outpatient and how long is the recovery time? thanks in advance.

CelluSmooth & Cellulite Treatment

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
CelluSmooth is the latest generation laser cellulite treatment.  It is delivers long lasting improvement in cellulite appearance in one treatment. This short procedure is performed under local anesthesia in the office with very low downtime. There is some swelling and bruising but it does not restrict activities for a prolonged period. Compression garments are worn after the procedure, but you can return to most activities immediately or in a few days. It treats all three components of cellulite including fibrous bands, thin skin and bulging fat. Hope this helps. All the best.

Cellfina is the ONLY Effective Cellulite Treatment That Works!

There is only one truly effective and proven lasting cellulite treatment out there, and that is CELLFINA. All of the other lotions, potions, creams, treatments, radio frequency devices, including Cellulaze, are at best, mediocre, and, in many cases, completely worthless. Cellulaze is a laser-based procedure that has a much higher complication rate, as well as a much lower patient satisfaction rate, so that answer is pretty clear. CELLFINA is the only cellulite treatment that has a proven track record of 96% patient satisfaction at 2 years post treatment. Nothing else is even remotely as effective as Cellfina. I have attached a link to my website, explaining how this remarkable system works. There are patient testimonials and schematics reviewing the details of this remarkable breakthrough treatment. Also, Cellfina is a single session procedure that is done under local anesthesia with little to no pain! Thank you for your excellent question.

Cellulaze cellulite treatment

Cellulaze
is definitely the most effective treatment for cellulite in the United States.
It is a one time treatment that uses a small laser fiber inserted under the
skin through tiny incisions to tighten the skin and divide the fibrous bands
that cause dimpling. Unlike other available cellulite treatments, Cellulaze
does not require multiple treatments or maintenance treatments.

The results you can get with Cellulaze depend
on your overall all health and degree of cellulite as well as the experience
and understanding of the technology of the physician performing the procedure.
There is definitely a learning curve to Cellulaze so be sure to find an expert
in your area who is board certified and has a long experience with Cellulaze.
Because Cellulaze is a similar technology to SmartLipo, a plastic surgeon with
experience in SmartLipo may have a better understanding of the laser
technology. Look at before and after photos to be sure you have a good
understanding of what Cellulaze is capable of doing for you. Good luck!

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

CELLULITE TREATMENT? There is not one that works! Pick parents well!

No there is no effective cellulite treatment.   I have been and am the chief investigator on  a cellulite treatment investigation approved by the FDA in Palo Alto , California.   We have so far not proven anything works and I firmly believe there is absolutely no cellulite treatment that works despite flashy advertisement to the contrary.   There is a lot of money to be made in the cellulite business and there are plenty of people wanting to harvest the dollars.  At best, any  and all types  of treatments are  with extremely minimal and absolutely temporary effect.    Is there any treatment that offers a 2% permanent benefit?  Possibly?  Can you see a 2% effect?  Even with the Hubble telescope this would be most difficult.    Save your money.  Don't waste it on cellulite treatment.  Your best bet for improvement is  to eat well, be the right weight, be the right body fat and get it measured, spend money on a certified nutritionist, practice good skin care with an A+ local dermatologist, watch sun exposure, and absolutely pick the right set of parents neither of which have any cellulite.   My Best,   Dr C

Cellfina/Cellulite Treatment/Ultherapy/Thermi RF/Body Contouring/ Hi Definition Procedures

Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women.

It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy.     I recommend Cellfina in combination with Sculptra or renuva for optimal results.  You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied.

Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment.

It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks.

It is different than Cellulaze which is a laser. 

If you have had previous poor results with cellulaze, you can still do Cellfina.

Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years. 

Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure. 

It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding.

It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or

Ulthera if skin tightening is needed.

We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding.

It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office.

Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz 

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Effective Cellulite Treatment

Thank you for your question. Thermage might be a good option for you. cellulite treatments are great because they:
  • Restore tissue health through the same natural processes that promote better skin tone.
  • Involve no incisions or anesthesia.
  • Require no downtime, do not need a “recovery period”.
  • Causes little or no discomfort.
Dhaval M. Patel Double board certified Plastic surgeon Hoffman EstatesBarringtonOakbrook Chicago

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Treating Cellulite

For treating #cellulite, my office typically recommends one of three treatment plans: #Cellfina, #VelaShape III, #ThremiSmooth.

#Cellfina is the newest technology and probably most effective. It is a minimally invasive one-time procedure under local anesthetic that removes the fibrous bands under the skin that cause fat to bulge through creating the appearance of cellulite. The results are fairly #permanent.

#VelaShape and #ThermiSmooth are #non-invasive #bodyshaping products that can help reduce the appearance of your cellulite over the course of multiple sessions.

Book an in-person consultation with a #BoardCertified #PlasticSurgeon to determine which treatment plan is right for you.

Best of luck.

Cellulaze for cellulite

Cellulaze generally is a one time minimally invasive office based treatment. The laser is placed right beneath the skin so it can directly target your dimples, bulging fat and thin skin. All of the other nonsurgical machines or devices cannot penetrate the skin efficiently to change the underlying anatomy. Those devices create some swelling that some times makes the cellulite look better for a short period of time. The recovery is very acceptable as my patients have told me. You need to wear an elastic garment for a couple of weeks which is hidden beneath your clothes. There is some bruising and swelling that gradually resolves.

Theodore Diktaban, MD, FACS

VASERSmooth Best for Cellultie

There are many noninvasive treatments for cellulite, but none of them have any permanence to them and work only temporarily.  I having been using the VASERSmooth for over a year, and have probably done more cases then anyone in the US.  I have found that surgically, I can improve your cellulite anywhere from 50 to 80 percent using the VASERSmooth.  The VASERSMooth uses an ultrasound probe with a fragmented edge to cut the cellulitic bands.  I also treat the irregular fat cells around the area and do some fat grafting as needed.  I have also corrected many people post cellulaze treatment who were unhappy with the results.  It typically takes 1.5 to 2 hours to treat both thighs and buttocks.  It is done under anesthesia and recovery is quick.  Most patients back to work in 3 days and resume exercise 2-3 weeks.  A garment is worn for 6 weeks and lymphatic massage and ultrasound started 2 weeks following the operation.  Hope this helps.

Jeffrey LaGrasso, MD

Thermage effectively treats cellulite

Thermage has a new universal tip that can deeply penetrate the skin and effectively target cellulite.  It is non-invasive and painless. Only one single treatment is required to treat buttock, thighs, or arm cellulite.