What is the best (non surgical) way to get rid of cellulite?

I'm 18 years old and recently lost about 20 pounds with help of a healthy diet and regular exercise. Even with all of this I still have really bad cellulite in my thighs and butt area. Is there a way to help get rid of it without an expensive sergical proceedure?

Best Options?

For treating #cellulite, my office typically recommends one of three treatment plans: #Cellfina, #VelaShape III, #ThremiSmooth.

#Cellfina is the newest technology and probably most effective. It is a minimally invasive one-time procedure under local anesthetic that removes the fibrous bands under the skin that cause fat to bulge through creating the appearance of cellulite. The results are fairly #permanent.

#VelaShape and #ThermiSmooth are #non-invasive #bodyshaping products that can help reduce the appearance of your cellulite over the course of multiple sessions.

Book an in-person consultation with a #BoardCertified #PlasticSurgeon to determine which treatment plan is right for you.

Best of luck.

There is only one truly effective and proven lasting cellulite treatment out there, and that is CELLFINA. All of the other lotions, potions, creams, treatments, radio frequency devices, including Cellulaze, are at best, mediocre, and, in many cases, completely worthless. Cellulaze is a laser-based procedure that has a much higher complication rate, as well as a much lower patient satisfaction rate, so that answer is pretty clear. CELLFINA is the only cellulite treatment that has a proven track record of 96% patient satisfaction at 2 years post treatment. Nothing else is even remotely as effective as Cellfina. I have attached a link to my website, explaining how this remarkable system works. There are patient testimonials and schematics reviewing the details of this remarkable breakthrough treatment. Also, Cellfina is a single session procedure that is done under local anesthesia with little to no pain! Thank you for your good question.

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Cellulite removal is possible.

Cellulite is a very stubborn form of fat that gets its dimpled appearance from being pushed through a fibrous network that causes the distinctive “orange peel” effect. However, a new treatment is gaining widespread popularity, and it may be the answer for you. Called “Z-Wave”, the procedure incorporates Radial Pulse Therapy (RPT), which is non-surgical, non-invasive, and relies on the targeted transmission of powerful yet harmless sound waves. These sound waves break down the fibrous connective tissue to allow for the extrusion of fatty acids so that the fat cells can flatten out. Areas that can be successfully treated include the buttocks, inner and outer thighs, abdomen and upper arms.

Hal Michael Bass, MD

Cellulaze

Hello. As you have probably learned from your research on cellulite it has always been very difficult to treat. Certainly creams and lotions are of no use especially when looking at the cost/benefit ratio and the fact that they are in no way permanent.  Procedures like Velashape and Endermologie are non-invasive but require multiple treatments and maintenance treatments or everything returns back to the way it was. Again, for the cost not a very satisfying option. If you are not ready or convinced about Cellulaze your best bet would to be to do nothing rather than spend your time and money on procedures that often end up in frustration. In my practice in the Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what Cellulaze can do for them. At some point it might be worthwhile to have a consultation with someone in your area with an expertise in Cellulaze to get more detailed information. I honestly think it is the best tool we have for cellulite today. Good luck. Sincerely, Dean Vistnes   

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

What are some cellulite treatment options?

Cellulite is primarily a structural problem with the structures of and just underneath the skin and is largely genetic. The vast majority of women have some degree of cellulite and this often worsens with increased weight, hormone changes, and age.  Certainly being at or near your ideal weight, taking care of your skin, and staying well hydrated and fit will help reduce the appearance of cellulite. The topical creams, etc that are advertised may temporarily improve the appearance in some people for a short period of time while the product is being used but it doesn't alter the structural problem. There are some non-surgical devices that can help to thicken and tighten the skin and reduce the fat layer to improve the appearance of cellulite using radiofrequency or ultrasound energy.  These may not be adequate for more significant/severe cases of cellulite. There are several surgical options available that are minimally invasive and only require small incisions. However, none of these are curative nor can you expect 100% improvement.  The goal is improvement. To truly determine which is the best option for you, schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon well-versed in these treatments!

Megan Jack, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon