Follow-Up Question: INFINI vs CO2RE (CORE CO2) for Acne Scars. (photos)

Most answers to my previous question suggested INFINI w/ other techniques. A local doctor recommended CO2 based treatment and said at least the first treatment will be done with fractional ablative CO2. He said it would yield better results than INFINI. Not sure if he meant CO2RE or another system, but I want to know, which machine is better? Attached skin tone pic. Clear scars pics in the link above.

​The use of any or CO2 laser resurfacing for acne scars and what the best treatment is.

The use of any or CO2 laser resurfacing for acne scars and what the best treatment is.  You have some significant tissue loss in the deeper layers of the skin. There's going to be no way that surface treatments are going to make that full enough to make a difference. Subcision could help but I do see that after a while the results tend to fade and the scars come back and it's not as long-lasting . There is a way to treat all the different elements of acne scars and you can combine them in one treatment. We treat acne scars with a 5-7 step process that is all done in one treatment and done in about 2 hours. Find someone in your area that can do something similar. But not one modality will treat all aspects of your scars and make it much better

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Acne Scarring -- Lasers (Fraxel, Co2/Erbium, VIVA, Intensif); Microneedling/PRP, Fillers (Bellafill); Subcision; Punch Excision

There is no "cure" for acne scarring you should be seeking improvement.  This can get better with a more agressive treatment first like co2 and then improved upon with intensif/infini.  Please seek formal consultation with acne scarring experts.  Best, Dr. Emer.

CO2 vs Infini for acne scars

My experience has lead me to use the Infini for acne scars because it gets better results with less downtime and wound care. Also, there is more risk with hyperpigmentation in darker skin types like yours with the CO2 laser.

Steven F. Weiner, MD