How bad are my acne scars and what treatments should I do for them? (photos)

Doctor Answers 6

Acne scars

You would need a combo of things to get the best result. First I would have subcision of the deeper scars and then either have Fraxel or Micro Needling Treatments. For the redness you may need some VPL treatments. You may also benefit from some filler or fat injections. First step is to find a good Plastic Surgeon to help you with the best treatments for you.

Houston Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 14 reviews

Acne scarring

Thank you for your email. My approach is in three steps:

step 1: subcision

Step 2: fractional radiofrequncy or fractional laser

Step 3: Filler for any residual areas

Firas Al-Niaimi, MSc
London Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 4 reviews

Acne Scars and FraxelB

A combination of V-Beam for redness, fillers with for scars, and eMatrix or Fraxel for textural problems with PRP all are needed.  Please consult an expert in scars for an evaluation.  Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD
New York Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 76 reviews

How bad are my acne scars and what treatments should I do for them?

An in person evaluation is best. Options include IPL or laser treatments, Bellafill injections, chemical peels, and skin care. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Chicago Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 68 reviews

Treating acne scars

You would do well with volume replacement and Infini. I would use Bellafill for the filler. Addiing subcision, PRP would also improve things probably. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD
Panama City Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 41 reviews

A Combination is Needed--Acne Scarring Treatment with lasers, fillers, radiofrequency, microneedling/prp

This requires a combination approach using: surgery, subcision, fillers like Bellafill and Sculptra; lasers such as co2 laser resurfacing or Fraxel/Clear+Brilliant; radiofrequency such as Sublative or Viva; and microneedling/prp to improve texture and tone.  This combination will help to improve the scars and give long term collagen production. I recommend seeing an acne scarring expert. Best, Dr. Emer 

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 190 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.